Improving health care services depends in part on ensuring that people have a usual and ongoing source of care. People with a usual source of care have better health outcomes and fewer disparities and costs.
Having a health care providers as the usual source of care is especially important. HCPs can develop meaningful and sustained relationships with patients and provide integrated services while practicing in the context of family and community. In relation to that, the CDC issued an announcement to the public for the guidelines of choosing a public health services.
These ten essential public health services mandated by CDC or Center for Disease Control and Prevention 2014 can help improved the community health. These are:
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Assure a competent public and personal healthcare workforce
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems
Healthcare and preventive services, emergency medical services (EMS) are a crucial link in the chain of care. EMS include basic and advanced life support. Within the last several years, complex problems facing the emergency care system have emerged. Ensuring that all persons have access to rapidly responding, prehospital EMS is an important goal in improving the health of the population.
Healthcare systems nowadays are getting complicated due to the complexities of management in healthcare services. Regardless of what it is, healthcare companies should advocate the healthcare benefits of the community.